9th International Acid Sulfate Soils Conference - Adelaide 2021
Unfortunately due to the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic we have made the difficult decision to postpone this conference again until late November 2022 or early 2023 (to be advised at a later date once international borders open). Thank you for your patience
The 9th International Acid Sulfate Soils Conference (9th IASSC) is the premier interdisciplinary forum for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of acid sulfate soil research, policy and management practices.
The conference to be held in Adelaide will bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and managers in this domain of interest from around the world.
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Progress in the classification, mapping and mineralogy of acid sulfate soils
- Advances in the origins, properties and processes of acid sulfate soils in:
- Coastal environments: coastal margins, oceans and estuaries.
- Inland environments: rivers, lakes, wetlands, irrigated areas and the arid zone
- Mineral exploration sites: presence of concealed ore/mineral deposits
- Industrial sites: acid mine drainage, mine site & salt field remediation, infrastructure assessment
- Water-rock interactions: hydrogeochemistry and water pollution
- Policy development/ societal change and acid sulfate soils: a balancing act
- Management practices, land-use change and acid sulfate soil productivity
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation: the role of acid sulfate soils
- Monitoring networks and environmental change: successes and future prospects
Joint conference supported by: International Union of Soil Sciences, Soil Science Australia and Australian Clay Minerals Society.