About our School
The School offers an exciting and diverse range of undergraduate teaching programs.
Including majors in Biochemistry, Ecology, Evolutionary Biology, Genetics, Marine Biology, Microbiology & Immunology, Palaeontology and Ecology & Spatial Science from the flagship Bachelor of Science (BSc) program.
In addition, the School provides quality research training at Honours, Masters and Doctorate levels. Graduates from our undergraduate and postgraduate programs are in demand in a wide range of areas including:
- catchment management
- environmental risk assessment
- environmental planning and management
- freshwater systems, including the conservation of flora and fauna
- land condition assessment
- microbiology & immunology
- natural resource survey and monitoring
- technology transfer and GIS analysis
- the management and restoration of marine, terrestrial and
The School maintains a wide range of equipment and facilities to support teaching and Research. Including Field Stations, some of which are shared with Institutes, Research Centres and Affiliated researchers.
Our staff and students are active in the field both learning and doing research. We have captured our environments and experiences by running two photography competitions within the School:
- 2014 Calendar Photo Competition.
- MBS Photo Comp